My first contact with videomaking was through B-Boying, in 2005. I started dancing at the age of 17 and, from this time and throughout my twenties, I became intimately involved in the culture, as a second-rate dancer, and mainly as a videographer.
I contributed to various online media outlets including Style2ouf, Prodance.tv, Red Bull Media House – and shot videos for international dance events like IBE, R16 Korea and Juste Debout. Unexpectedly, this passion took me to 35 countries. I made videos with some of the world’s best dancers, and also with hidden talents in places like El Salvador, Kyrgyzstan or Sudan.
The most noticed video I shot is probably “IBE Is Me” in 2010, a fiction short film promoting international dance event The Notorious IBE, telling the rise of a young dancer. It stars a number of dance legends, including Hong 10, Brahim, Neguin, Marcio, Niek, Menno, Benji, Lamine, Archad, Lil G, Free… Co-produced with Sylvain Venere, it was inspired from a Guy Ritchie commercial and filmed in “pov” mode. (A number of dance sequences were shot before the release of the first GoPro, which was a technical challenge at that time!) You can watch it here.
Busy with my current work, I haven’t shot anything since 2017, but I hope to continue one day.
↑ IBE Festival 2010 promo clip
3 min short film, shot in France, Holland & Korea.
Co-directed with S. Venere – 2010
↑ Meet in the Middle – How breakdancing brings people together
14 min short documentary, shot in Qatar
↑ B-Boy Lilou, dancer without borders
7 min portrait, shot in Nigeria
Media: Le Monde Afrique – 2017
↑ Festival R16 Korea Opening video
Client: Cartel Creative – 2015
- 2007 – Chelles Battle Pro 2007 trailer Style2ouf – France
- 2008 – IBE 2008 Trailer Style2ouf, 2008 – Holland
- 2009 – IBE 2009 Trailer (with TharX) – 45 Live Foundation – Holland
- 2011 – R16 Korea 2011 opening sequence (with Sylvnr) – Cartel Creative – South Korea
- 2011 – IBE Brazil Stichting 45 Live – Brazil
- 2013 – R16 Korea 2013 opening sequence Cartel Creative – South Korea
- 2013 – Juste Debout World Tour series (with T. Siemieniec) – Canal Street – 15 countries
- 2013 – Leaving a Thumbprint 12 minutes short doc, ATWL Foundation – El Salvador
- 2014 – B-Boy C-Lil promo – Laos
- 2014 – R16 Korea 2014 opening sequence Cartel Creative – South Korea
- 2014 – IBE 2014 Aftermovie Stichting 45 Live – Holland
- 2015 – Red Bull BC One Kyrgyzstan cypher Red Bull Media House – Kyrgyzstan
- 2015 – Red Bull BC One Holland cypher Red Bull Media House – Holland
- 2015 – R16 Korea 2015 opening sequence (with S. Williams) – Cartel Creative – South Korea
- 2016 – Khartoum Mighty All Styles Prodance.tv – Sudan